Sunday, February 6, 2011

ORGANIZING FOR EMPOWERMENT


An excerpt from the poem I wrote which I have mentioned on my first blog goes like this:

Shine, excel and fly high...
Until appreciation due will be granted.
If such merit is not given
Be thankful anyway,
For deep inside your inner self
You could proudly say
I’m satisfied, I have done my part
To the best I believe I can.

I came to write this when I was employed on that company where most of the employees were  not paid accordingly to their position and that includes me.  Being promoted to a higher position but no adjustments on compensation. Aside from being uncompensated with their corresponding jobs and positions, the organization offer no incentives or the least an appreciation for the jobs well done of their workers.  By then, I was trying to encourage myself to keep on doing the best that I can though I was underpaid. I was empowering myself because I love what I'm doing. Promises on the salary raise was never realized. Until such time I decided to resign from the job.  Later I learned that they were finding it hard to fill up the position I vacated.  And from then on, the salary for that position was augmented.

People  are the most important asset of a company or firm. As an adage says “ One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of an extraordinary man.” Indeed, people are indispensable element of the organization. Not only having them but  also exerting some ways to help them become the  best they can  for the benefit of the organization. They should be empowered to become highly motivated keeping them aligned with the company’s vision, mission and objectives.  And  above all, in order to keep these assets the company should embrace them to stay and remain loyal  to the company by rewarding them justly and providing them the right and most approriate motivation.

2 comments: